A Woman of God
Aunty Bea is just starting to recover. Jenn is pretty good at relating the story as it was very close to what Aunty Bea told me over the phone last night.
It was not so much the acid but carbon dioxide that was saturating her body that even turned her grey. And it was not so much the surgery as it was a normal pinhole surgery to remove a benign cyst.
I could still hear a little breathlessness in her over the phone. She told me she had some warnings that things would not go well post surgery but she refused to succumb to fearful thoughts. She was totally fine after the surgery until she had her first meal and collapsed half an hour later.
Aunty Bea is one of those amazing women of God who thirsts for the Holy Spirit and is very much in tune with He. After a couple of weeks of being so ill and weak, she knew it was not just physiological.
Last Sunday she managed to go to church and it happened that there was a visiting prophetic pastor. During the altar call, the pastor said there are people in the congregation who have difficulty breathing and he wanted them to step out. Aunty Bea went out. He prayed for others and then came to Auntie Bea. She told him she has problems breathing and left it at that.
He prayed for healing and after a very short while, he paused and said to her "You get your attacks in the night only." Which was true. He then described the exact feeling Aunty Bea had to bear in the night- that a surge of force moves up from below and constricts her lungs. She said yes, that was what happens. The pastor then said he must pray for her, because the angel of death is hovering over her.
Aunty Bea knew. She knew it was spiritual and she even knew her life was at threat. She got Uncle Wai Wah to pray over her every night and I believe that has protected her.
I know victory is ours because Jesus died on the cross to overcome death, for us. But we need to claim it- victory in every aspect.
How can I describe Aunty Bea and our conversation? I was moved beyond measure. I called to bless her, to pray for her.
But she blessed me instead!! My prayer seemed so immature compared to her prayer for me (yes she prayed for me!!). I can pray in ways taught me, and I can pray to address what I see. But Aunty Bea prays with insight and such wisdom as only the Holy Spirit could empower.
I am so awed.
I do not know how and why I found favour in her eyes when I came back to SJGC upon return from the States. Perhaps God KNEW I would need a woman like her to be my mentor and someone I could look up to spiritually, and emulate. Like it is said in the Bible.
And God put a bond between us. I pray it would never ever falter. We are so far apart, and she commented we would be even farther apart with me in UK, but I know God is our bond.
Thank you, Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment