Saturday, September 02, 2006

Nuked Coke



Su, our office manager, was doing something at the pantry counter. I asked to be excused as I wanted to put my drink into the microwave oven. Su saw that my drink was dark brown in colour.

“Is that your coffee?”
“No….” Hesitation. “It’s coke.”
“Coke?”
“Ya, I like my coke hot.”

No, that’s not quite true. It was more like a combination of the facts that:

1. I hardly like any drink cold.
2. It takes away the gas.
3. It is raining outside and the rain looked more like a curtain and the office is cold enough on any normal day.
4. I worked till 1:30am the night before and the coffee I had earlier didn’t work.
5. It was a long meeting I was in (4 hours) and I desperately need to keep my eyelids open.

So don’t blame me if I am a boring person.
At least I am not a normal boring person.
I am a boring person who likes nuked coke.