Friday, May 11, 2007

Oranje!

Amsterdam
April 25-28, 2007

Stones in the morning sunlight, New Market


Typical scenes in Amsterdam.

Clockwise from the bottom-right: Cheese stall in flea market in The Jordaan. Bicycle bell is rung all the time especially by tourists who are major irritants. CH glamour shot. The Damrak. Canals and homes; lovely. Blue and white painted wooden clogs.


At Kuekenhof (tulips park)
Zaanse Schans (I can't say this) windmill village,
both outside of Amsterdam.

Nicole everywhere!


The Queen's birthday
Amsterdam bursts into an orange splash with street and boat parties. And orange people.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks all the pics! I wish I can just drop everything and be in Europe.

Anonymous said...

Wa liau, Damn nice shots leh.

Anyway, the ppl of Amsterdam should celebrate their Queen's bday with the Siam's King's bday...just imagine, then you'd get oranje & lemons! Ha.

nicole said...

Most pix must be credited to my friend Chloe :) Looks good ya?

Lemons for the Siam King because it's yellow? You were there for the celebrations?

Vien, tell the hubby.

Jens said...

Absolutely love tulips!! The orange eyelashes look pretty scary actually! Am wishing the same thing as Vien. Have a great holiday. :-)

Anonymous said...

You look so radiant.. fresh.. vibrant.. happy..

So darn excited and happy for you!!!

kev

nicole said...

I have a confession to make. I did use Photoshop for some of the pictures to the extent of lowering the brightness of the midday sun and changing the contrast on "auto" to make the pictures look better. The noon sunrays really did make some pictures look fake.

And the thing about my looking radiant... er...well, the removing of pimples might have cleared my face??? But only in ONE picture!!!! :p But hey, I have radiant personality wat! *very sheepish grin*

Anonymous said...

I am really having overdoes of Amsterdam.. hahaha cause right at this moment, all my colleagues are sharing folders after folders of their Amsterdam photos too!!! and I must say.. all your photos look really good!!!!

nicole said...

He he, I must say that other than the shots I took of CH and the stones, the rest were taken by CH lor :) I really need to buy my own camera man...

Anonymous said...

wa.....you gained weight...hahahhaha!!!
-your sister-

Anonymous said...

wah...ch getting pretty good with photography huh? well... i guess thats because she brings the camera out...used it day after day ..practise makes perfect!!!!

heheheh

yes..go get an slr ....not a point and shoot please....