Slap me, it's just a number
I have not re-activated my Malaysia mobile number. I have been thinking really hard for days whether or not I want to keep it or just let it lapse into obsolescence by next month.
Gin: It's just a number. Why attach so much sentimentality to it?
Because it is not a number to me. Letting go of the number that [almost] everyone I know in Malaysia still keeps is hurtful to me. It is symbolic of me severing yet another tie to my own country and in some ways, relationships.
Perhaps I am being a little complicated (complicated, yes. secretive, no).
Gin: If God places you in Singapore then enjoy that phase. If He moves you back to KL again then get another number and let everyone know of your new number!
Simple as that, no?
I got into the blues and said something negative and retracted what I said (I forgot what it was already).
Me: I shouldn't say that, huh?
Gin: Yes you shouldn't! Want me to slap you?
Me: Yes, please do.
I thank God for friends who care enough and who are close enough to know when to do that.
4 comments:
hmmm...i think this matter can be solved quite simply.
If you think that the number is sentimental, keep the line! And pay the bill.
Or, 2nd option is, requires a bit more work; you inform everyone that is in your Msian no list that you have now moved to spore and that the spore no is your new number. That solves the problem aint it? I know you probably think that you will need to spend a bit of money to sms these people, but well, nothing comes free my dear, and that includes friendships.
And if you are worried that those that are not in your phone list that may want to contact you, well, uhmm...eventually they will find out from your other friends anyway if they are desperate enough to contact you, but in the first place, if these are friends you do keep in touch with, you would have their numbers in your list already right? Of which also means that they would be informed of your phone no change, no?
To the severing the ties to the relationships hardly any. BECOS you will inform them that you have changed number. As for the symbolic meaning of severance of ties with the country, well, I think it has nothing to do with phone numbers, more of a matter of the heart.
haiya...so simple aint it?
wah you really miss talking to me hor? (thick skinned)
CH: I second everything u said... :-) since we are categorised as "certain people".. we should get her new number no matter where nicole is right? :-) also, if you are meant to crossed path with a person again, it's bound to happen lor.. so, why worry?
You should change your ringtone to Milli Vanilli's "Baby Don't Forget My Number". :P
Post a Comment