Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Impossibilities and the want of kingdom perspective

The testing of faith- does that include believing that God would do what He said He would do? Because I feel that so many things are up in the air and there is nothing I could grasp with my own hands.

In a once-upon-a-time heart-to-heart talk with an ex colleague, we both agreed that the most frustrating part of our jobs is the uncertainty of outcome from our engagement with the media. You can have a great story but once you pitch it, the take up is not guaranteed. And even when the interview is done and the story written, it still may not see the light of day.

In other words, so much are out of our hands. Input does not necessarily translate into output. And this is bothering me greatly at the moment.

In terms of time this part of the job takes up about 20% (the rest going into strategy and research, etc) but it is 99.99% of what our evaluation is based on regardless of what the evaluation form says.

Where is that still small voice of God that I so very, very, very much want to hear? Since I came back I struggle to remind myself that God is more interested in me and my relationship with Him than anything else. You mean EVERYTHING else will be provided??? Really??

So, last night I was flipping through the Bible and came across this passage:

1 Chronicles 28
9 And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you for ever. 20 David also said to Solomon his son, Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.


Then I am reminded of what God said to Joshua as he was about to lead the Israelites into the Promised Land in Joshua 1.

1 After the death of Moses the servant of the LORD, the LORD said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses' aide: 2 "Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. 3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Believing that God will do what He said He will do... The impossible can only be done by God, right?

No comments: