Three new dreams



“I want to be a forensic scientist when I grow up,” Saphie said. Every night we watched CSI and/or Bones before we go to bed.
“Then you got to be very good with your Maths,” I said. That is not quite true but Ping said she is very lazy with doing her Maths so I am trying to do some cajoling here.
“When you grow up, what do you want to be?” Saphie asked me.
“But darling, I am already grown up.” I tried to get out of saying I was a journalist and a PR consultant. How to explain to a seven going to be eight year old inquisitive girl? Nobody says she wants to grow up to be a PR consultant; surely not I!
“How old are you, jie jie?”
“31.”
“When you grow up to become 32, what do you want to be?”
“Happy.” I said. Hah!
Saphie is very persistent and she asked me that same question probably four of the six days I was there (I was supposed to stay only four days- see how persuasive she can get?).
So it actually got me thinking. What do I want to be when I grow up? I’ve come to a point of thinking how youth is wasted on the young. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
Today I was day-dreaming and I felt a little disappointed at myself for thinking the way I did. Later, walking out of church after an inspiring message, my mind strung some words that have been recurring.
New season. Dreams. Harvest.
What if I am not beyond dreaming of what I want to be/do when I grow up from 30 to 50? It’s really the start of another season, no? ☺
(I am very good at defining my own universe, you see)
So here are three more for the road (of course there are more!).
1. Have an organic farm (some you think this is in commercial scale but I’m thinking my parents’ backyard!)
2. Have a small “tent-making” business of my own that would give me flexible time
3. Write a book
Notice the lack of physically challenging activities!! But I would so do hang gliding again ☺
Gin, you wanna write three new dreams down? This time you can refer to this website in case you forget!
Anyone feel like dreaming?
p/s Jenn I know you wanna go Disneyland and I did say I would go with you ☺ If you don’t mind me being the lamp post!
No comments:
Post a Comment