Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Les pomegranates pour Eve


When I was in Zurich I watched a sermon on DVD and the lady speaking said that each pomegranate has 365 seeds.

Don't ask my why certain little things pique me so much. Enough to buy a pomegranate and slowly peel off the skin and preserve those little red rubies for my counting.

When in Buckingham and grocery shopping with Ping, I chose the largest fruit so as not to disappoint myself. She thought I was NUTS.

Saphie was very happy she got to eat really pretty seeds and gulped them all down in a minute (it took me over an hour to peel and separate and count).

Me: There are 551 seeds! That's a lot more than 365!! (despaired)
Ping: I told you that! (she did, when I reached 200 and the bowl was still pretty full)
Ping: And oh, it's 553 (she cheekily put two seeds into the bowl; I don't know how her theft escaped me).

Eve also watched the same sermon and was curious to know, too.

Well, my dear, this is for you also :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
Thanks for letting me know!
I'm somewhat disappointed too..
Still - it was a good message, and it really doesn't matter that there isn't 365 seeds in every pomegranate.

Now we've both learnt something!
Eve

nicole said...

Yes we have, and I am glad I didn't get those really large ones from the Iranian shops!