Monday, December 04, 2006

Coach diary 1


The guy sitting next to me on the coach was quite cute. He was working on his laptop and it was some heavy duty technical stuff. Occasionally he switched to his media player and closes his eyes.

I fell asleep soon after I got on the coach. They steward served dinner and kindly let me sleep. When I woke up, the guy sitting next to me said: “They already served dinner. Do you want yours?” And he signaled to the steward who was walking past us. I said I wasn’t quite hungry, thank you.

The steward (a young Malay chap that was also cute) saw that I was hugging myself and said he would get me a blanket. He was particularly nice when I boarded the coach and I had given him my sweetest smile. When he returned with the blanket he even unfolded it and covered my lap with it! I got a bit shy because the guy next to me was looking and probably wondered why nobody else got the same treatment.

The guy next to me; let me call him Mark. I like that name.

Mark was also on the same coach on the journey from Singapore to PJ on Friday night. I recognized him because he was wearing the same outfit- white polo and beige khakis. My favourite combination for men- understated and stylish.

I wanted to talk to Mark to take my mind away. Learn over and ask him what he was working on was. I was sure Mark would have entertained me and we would talk some of the way back. How did I know? Because there was this pleasant sparkle in his eyes when he realized I was headed for the seat next to his (probably grateful it isn’t another middle aged man who would snore half the journey). Mark had earlier noticed me sitting at the lounge waiting for the coach to depart.

But I didn’t talk to Mark. In a moment of abandon, I wanted to. The last time I focused my attention and charm on some guy it was to deflect my own heartache and I did just that. Which made me feel even lousier about myself.

So no, I behaved myself. I went downstairs to the lower deck and got my dinner served especially for me.


2 comments:

CH said...

woo hoo...someone got her flair of writing back! Ya...political stuff is not for me too..but i am sure there are some other people who enjoys ur rant bout politics..sooo...i would suggest a balance here rather than juz listen to what the Dr sez... :p
And, uhmm..u shud have talked to 'Mark'...

Anonymous said...

Yea, you should've sucked up the tummy and walk straight to Mark to introduce yourself..haha.