Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Will the real pray-er please stand up?

Jenn said she was thinking of leaving Singapore but she doesn’t want to go Malaysia either. She was feeling quite down having broken up with her fiancĂ©. And thus not betting to move into that really nice condo they got. She really wants a home of her own.

So when I said I would be moving to Singapore, she was very happy! She said she has been praying about what could be in store for her in Singapore. She said I was the answer to her prayer. That was in February.

Someone else said something to that effect since I came here, too, and it was by another girlfriend, I think.

It’s pretty scary, but with Jenn, I knew she would start seeing someone else soon, so I wasn’t too pressured. Imagine living up to being someone’s prayer answered!

When I first came back from US, I was a temp teacher in a private Christian school, and the headmistress said I was the answer to her prayer. I left after three months with no doubts that teaching is not my calling!! At least not full-time.

What would really be nice, though, is for some GUY to say of me in his heart: God, is she the answer to my prayers? (!)