Weirdos Unite!
"People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog."
Dear Arnie Barnie, while being weird comes naturally to you, it is proving to be quite stressful for me. Some may not qualify (because I am just oh so normal and boring… yawns) but here are my best shots.
My weird trait no. 1
I have to use two clothes pegs for most pieces of clothing. They must match. And they both must match the clothes they are pegging.
My weird trait no. 2 (champion of all weirdness)
I love my toes. I totally adore them. Sometime aeons ago when I was a kid I thought to myself: My feet are really important. Without them I would not be able to walk. They take me everywhere! Without them I would be truly immobile. I must therefore really appreciate them. I started to really take good care of them; scrub them, clean under the nails, massage lotion on them, etc. It helps that I have cute toes. They are! They are nicely lined up according to “height” and they look like little bulbs because they are very pink. I also have defined toenails. I love touching my feet. Sometimes after putting on my lotions, I even smell them. Occasionally, and only occasionally, I get too much into admiring them that I kiss my toes.
My weird trait no. 3
I have a fear of food - too much of food. If I have a mountain of rice (or any other food for that matter) on my plate, it turns me off immediately. It works better for me to have tiny multiple servings. The history is this: I was a really small and skinny child (I think it was due to being born two months premature) and my parents would force food into me to fatten me up. And they never let me not finish my food. I remember dreading mealtimes. Then, I would feel like puking looking at having a big bowl of anything (big being relative). So, please, do not serve me big meals. More importantly, please, please do NOT ask me to finish my food (portion not my choice) because someone is dying of hunger somewhere in the world. Me stuffing myself will not save that person. It only serves to make me feel I want to vomit. I may also say something really rude to you. I hate the feeling of being stuffed with food that much.
But it does not mean I don’t enjoy food. I love food. Especially good food (good being relative).
My weird trait no. 4
I do not eat half boiled eggs and cereal with milk – unless my life depends on it. I may consider doing it for a million dollars. When I was a kid (you can tell I am a scarred child still), my mom would force half boiled eggs or corn flakes with milk or kaya butter toast on me in the morning when I was still half asleep and do not feel like ingesting anything at all. I didn’t have a choice of not eating them, or not finishing them. The kaya toast is easy – I threw them out the window into our neighbour’s unkempt backyard. The eggs I had to swallow without breathing, and sometimes run to the sink to vomit. But by then it would be too late for any remedial action because mom and dad would be rushing me out of the house to school and so they can get to work. The corn flakes with milk are about the worse. I forget what was the reaction. It could be so bad that I cannot remember anymore (I do have selective memory).
So, you know what NOT to offer me – unless my life (or yours) depend on it.
My weird trait no. 5
I can’t think of no. 5. Must I even get to no. 6??? Sigh….This is really tough…. Can’t you tag me with something easier?
Ok: I am an oral hygiene freak. I floss after each meal and I brush at least twice. I love the feeling of my mouth freshly cleaned. I keep my teeth so clean that when I used visit a dentist every six months they would tell me there was nothing to clean and I should consider scaling only once a year.
My weird trait no. 6
I don’t have six weird traits. Will update when I think of another.
Six weirdos that need to expose the same shame:
1. Hwok Lok
2. Boon Khaw
3. Yeng Yee
4. Chloe
5. Jenny
6. Kevyn
I’ll be checking!!!
4 comments:
Haha! I thought I was the only one who threw food outta the window when I was young!!! (I got caught though)
And yeah, it was always breakfast... I hated the feeling of being stuffed breakfast down my throat when I totally don't feel like eating in the morning!!!
But... but... what did I do to deserve getting tagged??!
OK, I'll try. :)
hehehehe... so you're now officially a weirdo, nutin to worry about :) and if you can't finish them food, pass it MY way!!!!
What, all those cookies and cupcakes not enough!?? :p
Post a Comment