Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Some sadness within



I like working at Raffles Place.
I love my colleagues.
I like going to lunches with them at China Square, Far East, Circular Road, Change Alley, and of course, Golden Shoe.
I love living in Mandarin Gardens.
I love living beside the sea.
I love the sea breeze.
I like the free concerts at Raffles “Greens” every last Friday of the month.
I like the free performances at the Concourse of the Esplanade theatres.
I like taking bus 644 to work and greet the same bus driver uncle every morning. I have time to read the Bible and reflect. I could tell who would come on board at which stop and notice who is not going to work that day.
I like walking across Cavanagh Bridge and have my lunch by the river facing the Fullerton Hotel.
I like walking across Cavanagh Bridge to the Supreme Court to hear my clients’ testimonies (not that I wish to see them in the box).
I like walking across the same bridge, across the Esplanade Park, under the highway and to the esplanade itself.
I love taking night walks around the whole area in Mandarin Gardens.
I love running on the paths and the lie on the benches to look at clouds moving to cool down.
I love walking to the beach and look at the ships lined up, walking past the seafood places, the water ski park to the food court.
I love and look forward to Sunday morning worship at TCC and Friday cellgroup meetings.

All that many things more make Singapore beautiful to me. One year is really, really very short when one is enjoying the time/ place.

I am grateful, and thankful, Lord.

No comments: