Face booked, Life bared
I succumbed after numerous invitations. That’s one reason. The other one is to check it out. In my job, I need to know what are the latest happenings in the world (don’t as me about fashion or food, I don’t cover or intend to cover consumer of lifestyle).
It’s been overwhelming because I am just so ILLITERATE at it. I didn’t even know how Lee Hui was identified as my cousin and I was like Whaaaat?? How did that happen? How does IT know??
But it’s great that I got in touch with Ambreen; found out that Vivian is pregnant (she’s one person I know who is always happy); Gabriela is back in Mexico; Gabriel is becoming a daddy, etc. Within 24 hours I had 60 friends and most of them I had not been in touch with for a long, long time
Glad to be in touch with Tek Tsien also. But when he identified me as having gone to OBS with him in 1990, and when Live identified that we lived together in Butler’s Wharf, I felt exposed.
It’s like my whole life could be bared. Just reading my Facebook page, you would know who I communicated with, where I went to school, and by checking out my friends you could tell where I lived at different times of my life.
My colleague told me employers are checking out candidates through Facebook.
I suppose it’s how much you want to reveal. I just haven’t gotten a hold of it.
I’ll tell you what else went through my mind:
1. The six-degree of separation could be zapped into one
2. It’s a success riding on people’s need to be connected (putting it nicely) and people’s indulgence for their nosey-ness (putting it not so nicely).
So buy me a drink won’t you? Cos in my real life, I’m alcohol intolerant.
2 comments:
hehehehe... you also terjebak. padan muka... :) approve my request and i'll buy you that drink!!
I'm wondering how long the FB craze will last.
Post a Comment