Thursday, October 11, 2007

Time warped


I am hopeless in telling time difference, I discovered. I set up this conference call with my colleagues in Japan and after waiting five minutes my boss and I were wondering why is it that they have not dialed in. The Japanese are never late, right?

It turned out my Meeting Request said 5pm Singapore time but my email said 4pm Japan time. Japan is one hour AHEAD of us, not behind. I’ve gotten it wrong before with our Korean colleagues.

To my embarrassment, my Japanese colleagues did dial in at 4pm their time and we were not there… *shame-faced*

I need a wall of clocks like those in hotels, one for each of my markets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww...roro, welcome to the club.... though i have never encounter this before but i am a person who get mixed up on time differences.

nicole said...

glad to know I do not have a unique disability. do I know you?

Anonymous said...

aiyo roro.... this is nadin lar...can't you remember, zeze....???

nicole said...

darlin' i think you got the wrong person... zeze (??)