Heartlander
That's me. Har har.
Singaporeans call themselves heartlanders, those who live in HDBs in areas that are not in the city or coastal. It is safe to say that HBDs are great living hubs because they call come with markets, old folks' corners, community centres, clinics, police stations, post office, and most importantly, the MRT.
From living in a full facility condo by the beach and taking the bus to work, I now live in a HDB in the "heartland" and take the MRT to work. It's not bad. Our mini house is pretty large and the area, Kembangan, is very nice. We are the only posh HDBs surrounded by link houses. I take the MRT to work and that's the part I dislike. I miss my buses.
I miss reading my Bible on the bus cos I get to sit going and coming back. On the MRT I never get a seat on either ways. It's even worse on days I bring my work laptop home and back to work.
I miss the full condo facilities. I miss Parkway Parade and the convenient grocery shopping.
Am still getting used to being a heartlander... I compensate that by decorating my relatively large bathroom that comes with dark green tiles (which I try to hide with Ikea floor mats- our cleaner who comes every fortnight says my salle de bain is very pretty).
No comments:
Post a Comment