Invisible lids on full potential giving 90%
It was a great sermon. I’ve not heard a message from the pulpit that has inspired and challenged me so for a long time.
Well, there was Rick Warren in TCC a couple of months back. One thing that remained with me was that Rick and his wife reverse tithe. That means instead of giving God 10%, they keep 10% and give back 90%.
The yesterday, Pastor Paul Goulet, who leads a church in Las Vegas, came to TCC. He is a real funny guy. Does a great impression of Forrest Gump. Not at all like no-nonsense Rick Warren. At one point he laughed so much to himself (yes, to himself, and at himself on the pulpit) that he turned all red. And we were laughing with him.
When he told a story about God opening his message to over 3 million Muslims because he was willing to overcome a fear and prejudice, he raised both his hands and swirled around the stage singing "I believe I can fly". That got Aileen and Candice singing that song all through dinner. I wish I could buy a video of that sermon.
He arrived Sunday morning 4am, and so by the time he spoke at 5:30pm, it was really time for dreamland. He had another message prepared, but on the plane, he was told to preach another message. So we don’t even have a title for it. Which was fine by me.
Summary:
There are invisible lids in our lives. We need to pop them and live to our full potential and live our destiny.
Destiny= Glory. And we move from glory to glory when we live to our full potential.
Destiny= How many lives are you going to touch or change?
Lately I have been questioning the purpose of my job. Tied to that, is the question on whose life am I impacting and whose life is made better by all my 9 hours average in the office for 52x7-52x2 days of the year?
I know the answer. I just don’t know what now.
My modus operandi for the past five six years, or more, has been to be led by God’s prompting. See the signs, see it “confirmed” and then be led by His peace. But I am beginning to wonder if the time for this mode of operation so change.
“Destiny is tied to your graduation from child to man/woman.”
I can’t be spoon-fed forever.
Aside:
Paul Goulet also said the same thing as Rick Warren. He is starting to work towards reverse tithing. That makes me think about my own.
You know what is said: When God wants to tell you something; you will see/ hear repeats of it. The curious thing is, another person who attended TCC for both Rick Warren and Paul Goulet might not even “catch” reverse tithing because that is not God’s message for him/her.
Altar call? Yes, I want to live to my full potential.