Tuesday, June 27, 2006

His mercies never end

We had steamed bread with kaya and butter, teh-see and Chinese kopi at the Chemor wet market before collected the bones and ashes. I love those steamed Indian bread.
When I was little, Grandma used to take me shopping all the time at that wet market. She used to make me wait outside the the really wet place- where the fish mongers and butchers are. I was glad to be left outside because it stank in there. I would stand by the entrance, watch the vege and sundries sellers doing their trade, and watch the entrace until Grandma comes out.
Granddad and Grandma would always only have "chum" (mix of coffee and tea), and when I was little, Granddad would pour his chum into the saucer for me because it was too hot in the cup. I would dip the Indian bread into it and then later drink from the saucer while making purposeful loud noises. He never scolded me for that. He never scolded anyone. Grandma did all the scolding on their behalf.
Granddad and Grandma's bones are placed in this 'condo' development, near Tanjong Rambutan (yes, of the Happy Hospital fame). It is very peaceful here: surrounded by the misty mountains of the Titiwangsa Range, with lots of plantations and lakes and farms.


View from Granddad and Grandma's 'unit'

Behold, the Lord's hand is not so short that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy that he cannot hear. Isaiah 59:1