The Cat Empire rocks!

Well, Hello Hello!
These guys are good. No, they are g-r-e-a-t! I have not heard of them and I don’t know who they are except to be an Australian band. But half the crowd was singing with them! I think half the crowd is Australian?
And the two lead singers are sooooooooooo cute! Well, one is chubby cute; he has an amazing range and is a real crowd rouser. Also plays the trumpet. The other one….ooooooooooooh…..so yummy! (picture) Even cuter when he does that dance number that rivals Ricky Martin.
It was a fantastic evening at the Esplanade Outdoor Theatre. I didn’t event pay for it! The band came for the Singapore Arts Festival and every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of June, there will be free performances at the Esplanade. That’s one great thing about having a rich government, and about the only one in this would without external debt and has to borrow for the sake of having a healthy level of debt.
The Outdoor Theatre is right by the ..well…esplanade. So the river was behind the band and the backdrop is priceless- the Sigapore River, the port and sea, and the Central Business District and yes, the Merlion.
The curious thing was, there was an aunty seated to my left. She must be 60 years old and she was alone. She smelled like my grandmother, which means she must also believe that clothes should only be washed after wearing them for two days so the clothes won't wear out sooner and you save water. She clapped when the crowd clapped and her foot was tapping. But she sat there when we all stood up to dance.
Say oo--oo--oo--ah! Oo-oo-oo-ah!
Ee--eee--oweh--o--ah! Ee-ee--oweh--o-ah!
Aiyah--yai--ya! Aiyah--yai-ya!
Yeah-----eeeeee!
(Woooo hoooo!)
Maybe I'll go again tomorrow and maybe I'll get their CD.
I hate cats but these guys are just so wonderful.