Thursday, December 22, 2005

afternoon @ work

I bought a 2/3 filled glass of warm barley drink for RM1.79. For goodness’ sake just charge me RM1.80. I didn’t even wait for the change.

That’s not the irritating part. The glass was 2/3 filled because they anticipate orders for iced-barley. Then they fill in the ice. BUT if you DON’T want ice, they don’t top it up. If you ask, they tell you frankly that the space is reserved for ice. Only ice.

Again, FOR GOODNESS’ SAKE- it’s just water!!!!! In fact, that 1/3 of barley water might even be less in volume than the ice when melted. But really, who cares about the petty stuff?

Classic example of third world mentality and customer care. Even when Mid Valley is like the Mall of America.

Don't ask me what I think about MAS spending millions on paintings. I don't have good feelings about a company that calls itself a national airline but doesn't own any assets and still manage to lose hundreds of millions after previous thousands of millions were hived off by the government. I don't want to think about ugly things this season.


Now, for some nice thoughts. My client may be sponsoring a theatre production!!! Everything is still preliminary. Not even preliminary. Like the Chinese say: "Ten lines but not even one stroke". Never mind if you are not Cantonese. But it sounds so fun and exciting! (The play, I mean)

Out Japan office is closed from today until Jan 4th!!!! I mean, they don't even celebrate Christmas! And our Manila office- Dec 16th to Jan 4th!!!!

I'm just sour grapes cos I have no more leave.

Sis is sick (try saying that 10 times).

Mom and I wiped down her fever with wet towels last night. The fever was so high she got jabs of pain moving from one part of her body to another. She has not slept for two nights. Cold wet towels made her squeel in pain. My poor sis. Mom was going to take her back to the clinic. I insisted she goes to the hospital emergency room in case she needs drips.

They took her blood. It showed nothing wrong. They gave her a jab, and the fever came down. She managed to sleep this afternoon. My poor sis.

Going to Auntie Lai Keen's house for Winter Festival dinner.

Ciao