Suckered!
I have a bad habit. Or rather, lacking of a good one to have- money management. And I am not a stubborn person. In fact, I am quite persuadable. In fact, I thought I am an analytical person. But maybe I really am and Analysis backfired. This is just setting the stage for some arguably important decisions.
See, I just renewed my gym membership at Clark Hatch. I was wondering, earlier, if I should continue with my membership since I am not consistent gym go-er. But but but… you see, the promotion says if I purchase a nine month membership for RM1275.75, I get three months free. Which basically means just over RM100 for the every month for the whole of next year!!! PLUS, they upgrade me to Platinum membership (Ooooo…..), which means I get a passport to other Clark Hatch gyms (including the really nice one at Sheraton Subang with a jacuzzi and landscaped views but excluding KL Hilton, which overlooks the city and doesn’t matter to me).
The promotion ends end of October. So of course I bought it!
However, if I continue to go to the gym just twice a month, I would effectively pay over RM50 per session. It would make more sense to just go ad hoc, without membership, and pay RM20 per session. But I would have to drag a member along. I hate to be dependent.
So shall I just credit the RM30 per session premium as the price of independence?
Veqish Spa (pronounced vegish- don’t ask me why) in Taipan, was also having a promotion. If I pay RM288 for membership, I get a Balinese scrub and bath, a re-hydrating facial treatment, a full body massage, and one eye-brow reshaping experience for FREE. Separately, they come up to over RM350. (Although I could do away with the eye-brow thingy and pay less)
On top of that, as a member I get to do some other things with heavy discounts just for Oct and Nov, and for every other thing I get 10% off. Even the pedicure packages. Hmmmm…
So of course I bought it!
Credit goes to all mothers’ advice to daughters: Invest in taking care of yourself.
Right now I am thinking of that rollerblade set in Studio R, going for RM180- it comes with knee pads and elbow pads, too!
Hey, I have always wanted to rollerblade. Credit this to unfulfilled childhood desires.