Sunday, November 27, 2005

Over 6 billion and counting and I get the best

Some of you would have heard me said this was a really tough year. It really has been. But I did something premature just now. I started to look back into the year and commenced on my reflection of the year (almost) just past.

It has not been all that bad. And it is because of the unexpected friendships I made, be some only for a short time. Some I still do not know if they would last. But I have stopped feeling sad ahead of time.

Saphie who delights me just by being.

Ping who turned out to be a lasting friend.

Stephen who showed me that simplicity is beauty. And captured my heart for that little while by being him- sweet and transparent.

YangYang who looks so much like Matt and whom I sat next to during lunch at CFA2005. Who got me back in touch with Qiwen.

Moto, who so unexpectedly became a friend from a working relationship. Who introduced me to the House of Tea Kings and shared interesting things about Japan and Japanese culture with me. I am waiting to use "wakarimasen" back at him.

And a new friend in DUMC. Who appeared outside of Hainan Station one morning, when I was escaping the stress of work. Who encouraged me in my perception of my cellgroup. Who with I managed to finish three days of fasting and praying (except the middle day when we had pasar malam at Mont Kiara). Whose fervour for God rubbed off on me. So that I now have committed to teaching at Kg Cempaka- committing to a ministry. And I have purposefully not want to commit to anything so I can leave whenever.

And then there are David, Janice and Shanice. Without whom I would not have lasted this far in FH and would not be able to think of staying on.

Thank you, God, for the wonderful people you send my way.