Sunday, October 30, 2005

this is a tough one but don't loose sleep over it

I’ll believe it when I see it. But what if seeing is dependent on first believing?

What if you cannot see if you don’t believe? What then?

I probably should have continued to pay attention to what Pastor Moy How was saying. But his earlier announcement triggered some philosophical mind wandering.

See, there is a group of people from DUMC who would be making their way to the southern most tip of Peninsula Malaysia. There, they would look upwards to the whole of the Peninsula and start to pray. And they will extend their prayers for the whole continent. From that tip of the continent.

So I thought: Prayer is intangible. Geographical land mass is. Could you mesh both together? What would prayer “sent” out to the world do for the physical state of the world?

(Knock knock: Matthew 17:19-20 “…For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you…”)

But what if, just what if, that geography, history, and physics are all ONE? All part of one formula? Then changing one necessitates change for the others for the world to be held as one, still.

You know, if we go by the fundamental belief that God made the world and it came to be because he SAID it, then we have no problem here.

And you won’t be going “huh?” right now.

Never mind me this time.