No biopsy result after ALL that
Mom and I waited two hours to see the gastrowatchacallit specialist in UH. I should have brought my laptop. The aunties sitting behind us talked ceaselessly. They are used to long waits in UH so they have become chatty buddies.
The first thing Dr Sanjiv asked was if mom had complications after the colonoscopy and had been admitted to SJMC. I asked if SJMC communicated with UH. He said no. His friend, another doctor (but not my mom's surgeon) in SJMC had called him to tell him of the case. Dr Sanjiv was very apologetic. Even more so when he found out that the specialist who did the colonoscopy did not wait for mom to wake up to explain what happened (we had to get that from SJMC's surgeon). He said maybe we should find out if we could get compensation. But the only way is the legal route and we have no money or energy for that. He was so affected by it himself he brought us to talk to the head of the department, Dr KL Goh. Who was also kind in explaining matters (but hey, in this case, they have to be). Investigation had been done internally and actions taken, apparently.
Anyways, there was NO BIOPSY. Because the polyp was so small (2mm) that the whole thing got burnt when they removed it. But Dr Sanjiv said mom's case looked benign. And it was by coincidence, Dr Sanjiv said, that he got my mom's file today (mom didn't specify which doctor she wanted because she didn't bother to keep track of her doctors- for which I reprimanded her).
I didn't think it was coincidence. I prayed that we would get an understanding and compassionate doctor who wouldn't just treat mom as a "case" but as a real person who has suffered a lot.
I was supposed to go do MyKad this morning. But it was raining cats and dogs and dinosaurs. And I have not slept in for a long, long time. Good thing I didn't go or I would have a full day of waiting for government service. I would not be a happy bunny.
Apparently Guy A and Guy B felt like movies stars to be mentioned in my blog.
I did dream last night. But is wasn't a bad dream. It was OK. I can't remember it.