Saturday, January 12, 2008

Reminiscence

When I was younger there was a period in time when I would not say “good-bye” or “bye” to anyone. Instead, I would say “see ya!” in a nonchalant way when in fact it was not.

I was keenly aware that my words carry meaning only I know. It was at a time when I found I am constantly feeling sad about friendships drawn apart by time and changes. It was well into many seasons of people leaving, people coming, people moving all over. It was as if “bye” was taboo and if I keep saying “see you” I would see you again. If not soon, then sometime later.

I am still aware that friends I made in certain phases of my life, I might probably never meet again ever. The thought used to make me cry.

Suddenly a piece of memory came to mind. It was when we were 17 and attending the LEO Forum in Genting Highlands. It was the coolest event of the year. One the first night, Gin fell ill and could not attend the opening dinner. It was the formal night, where everybody got dressed up. The second night was usually themed.

I remember leaving dinner on the first night to buy glucose drink for Gin, who was in our room resting. I remember coming back to our table and Hean Chuan had so thoughtfully got food for me. Unfortunately he got me chicken breasts and I don’t eat chicken breasts. And Jenn said, “See! I told you she doesn’t eat chicken breasts.” I remember the next day CM, CH, me and some other people took a ride on the train around the lake and we took pictures there. CH and I took a picture together and we were unwisely sitting on a bush. Just as the picture was being shot the bush gave way and we were captured in less-than-graceful positions.

I am not sure why I am telling you this. I don’t see how it directly relates to the discontinuation of nicolaephoria.

Yes, I have decided I won’t be blogging anymore, until the season come again if it does, that I should blog once more. I kept it up until now because it made Gin sad.

I could just stop posting and let you come visit and not find me here and you would stop coming. But that would be chicken shit and cruel. And I won’t do that because I’m the sort that needs closure to move on.

This blog would still be here and I am not gone ☺ You can also find me on Facebook and I’ll buy you a drink if you buy me one.

See ya.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad...
sayonara...for now..till we meet again...in person tmrw!!! :p

Anonymous said...

this entry is so timely.. it is now sunday afternoon.. not knowing what to do.. and i decided to check out CH's and your blog.. and at least i found you here.. i think CH has decided to stop blogging too.. after reading your entry.. it made me cry :-( sniff..

nicole said...

dun cry :( I am just a phone call away!! you can text me and I'll call you back! :) Friends who have been friends for almost 20 years have privileges :)

Krystal said...

Hey, I'm sad too :( Hope you'll update more photos of youself in Facebook - will check you out :)