Thursday, November 01, 2007

How He has been so good

1. Healing. Dad had stones in his kidneys. Dad doesn’t have any form of insurance and I am quite frequently worried about future medical costs – I cannot yet afford to add him to my insurance bill. But I prayed that the stones would disintegrate, turn into almost power, and be washed out as he goes to the toilet. In his check-ups, the doctor said the medication seemed to be working and there was no need for a minor operation. In church I stood in Dad’s place and claimed healing for him. My Lord Jesus’ passion and compassion is to heal and it is documented all over the Bible. And he healed Dad. In my last visit back, Dad told me the stones are gone and the doctor was surprised at his lack of pain when the stones were washed out. I pray that one day, Dad would know this loving God I know.

2. Keeping two dear people together. I’ve been praying that my friend who is moving to Japan would not be separated from her boyfriend in Europe. It is so difficult to find someone who is right for oneself and it is tragic should that happy union end. I am glad that her boyfriend has been also offered a job in Japan. I believe when God meant for two persons to be together, He would pave the way and it would not be difficult.

3. Near term stability. My boss told me two nights ago that her bosses in the US are ok to extend my contract for another 12 months. I accepted the verbal offer without thinking because I know I am meant to be here. There were things God has spoken to me about my job during my quiet time. So it isn’t the job or the money; I really want to be obedient to His will. I initially signed on a six months (current) contract ending in January because I was not ready for anything more. It worked out doubly well because the negotiation for my pay would have been a lot more difficult if I had started on an indefinite yearly contract. I still have not signed the next contract but if God said so, it is so. And I am glad it makes my Dad happy – I am not going to continue to be a “rolling stone that gathers no moss,” he said.

I am sure I would have more of His mercies to tell. Unending. But I have been thinking of whether or not I want to continue blogging. I feel like I am entering another season (again) and I no longer feel like I want to blog as much…

No comments: