Sunday, November 04, 2007

Christmas anticipations

Christmas always fills me with a sense of anticipation. I have no answers as to why.

Spiritually speaking it could be because the reminder of the birth of Christ, transports me to a time pregnant with hope of the miraculous arrival of the Messiah.

But on mortal grounds, Christmas always makes me hope for something more and something better.

This morning I woke up feeling Christmas so near. And the thought that come to me was that this year, I would count thanksgivings for all that I have and not wish for something I don't.

Because this year more than any other (by relative perspective), I feel have so much to be thankful for; and at this point, so much joy within. This year, I have just begun to look at the past and the future with different lenses.

And for that, I have all to thank God for.

No comments: