Friday, August 17, 2007

vegetarian pains

I'm following the fasting and praying that is going on in DUMC although it would have to be my own version. Working at this late hour (1:16 am), I doubt I can wake up at 5:30 anymore.

So I've decided to fast meat (it's a Danielic fast! Check out the book of Daniel).

It's not easy because I am 100% omnivorous. I like meat and vege equally and also prefer to have them in equal portions in my meals.

I've also discovered it's quite a pain being vegetarian because I keep having to ask the food sellers if some dish has meat or not. Today I asked the teppanyaki chef to remove this and that from my rice. He must have thought me a pain. I am beginning to think it is harder than not eating at all. But I get depressed if I don't eat.

Let's see how well I do until Sept 2 in view that I would be (1) moving to our new apartment and (2) traveling almost non-stop in the next two weeks and (3) will be working late nights.

(1) - Yay!!! We found a three bedroom HDB maisonette (two floors) that is very spacious and breezy and clean and settled on it immediately. Aileen is taking the master bedroom and I the second room. The common toilet has GREEN floor tiles!!! I would need to find ingenious ways to cover that up. We need a third person to take up the third room which is much better furnished than mine cos it is more expensive. It has a double bed, vanity, shelves, wardrobe, TV and airconditioned. Know anyone who might be interested?

(2) Ironic that, just when I decided I have enough of traveling...

back to work...

No comments: