Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Missing home and unsearchable truths

It is a feeling I am unfamiliar with, this missing home bit. But at the moment I wish I am breaking fast with my cell members in Sri Hartamas. Or having dinner with my mom, dad, brother and sister (and sister's boyfriend).

I wish I know what it all means; the way things and timings work.

My DUMC cell leader passed me my church membership certificate- just when my Singapore church, TCC, requires me to transfer my membership in order to be a commissioned spiritual-parent. When does DUMC move to the Dream Centre? The weekend when I have to submit my TCC membership application.

I am having great difficulty severing this cord. I bought into the vision of the Dream Centre. I gave much to it; in prayer and faith, too. I guess that's why I feel I am part of it; it is part of me. Perhaps the right perspective should be that I am helping to build the kingdom of God, not just DUMC.

There is something that would finally lock me down. Aileen and I are about to sign a tenancy agreement tomorrow. It is for two years. And because it cost so much I would need to be in a full time job always. No more jetting about.

And this is when I choose to feel like I want to be home.

Tell me Lord, great and unsearchable truths I do not know. If I see, maybe it won't be so difficult living on earth.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

We miss you too Nicole! Nonetheless, God will reveal the purpose He has for you in S'pore and when you do decide to come back, Dream Center will be welcoming you! :)