Thursday, May 11, 2006

Where have all the flowers gone?

I have this fanciful notion in my mind that I will live in London again. Le primtemps makes me nostalgic. I love walking past any garden and everyday eyeing the wonderful unfurling and unfolding of those clothed in more splendour than Solomon.

It is a fanciful notion.

I only mentally remember the cold winds and the chill of my feet and hands and ears and nose now. I remember shivering and hopping about to keep warm while waiting for the bus that didn’t arrive on time (it always does here in Singapore), and groaning when the humidifier failed as that would mean I couldn’t breathe (or sleep) comfortably through the night.

I know the cold was real and there were times when I long to just throw away all the layers and have on only my tank top and shorts and not wear shoes and feel the glorious warmth of the sun on my face. To jump into the sea where the water is warm and swim with the fishes.

It is fanciful, isn’t it?

Chloe is leaving tomorrow morning to that fanciful place. I am missing her already.

We won’t be able to chat on Google talk during the work day and we won’t be able to call each other as often. It is not because it is costly; it is the separation of time zones.

I really want it to be great for her. A blank sheet. A brand new start. A world of unknown opportunities that has all the potential to be beautiful and marvelous and amazing because He is the Giver of all good gifts.

Chloe, remember what I said about the abundant life that must be more!!! Did you take it down??

I think Chloe is very brave. God is good in that he let me be the first to leave. I would have been devastated if she left first and I had remained in KL.

I am missing her already…[sob]

I asked Vikki today if she knew of anyone in KL who would want to join my firm’s KL office. Vikki, who is now in Shanghai, says everyone she knew in KL has left.

With Chloe gone, KL will also hold less for me. Even Jenn and Sean might be leaving in time. It will only be my family left. Malaysia suddenly sounds so desolate.