Monday, September 12, 2005

Is the Opposite of Doubt Faith?


To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation- The Life of Pi

I had thought that was so profound the first time I read it. And then again.

When I was a little girl, I read endlessly. And I would keep a diary of phrases I picked up from various readings. I remember one about being strong means being afraid but moving on anyway. There were plenty of others I could not remember. Maybe one day I would find that diary again.

Oh; I threw a lot of things our when I left for US. I didn't think I would come back. But in the end I had wanted to. I threw a lot of things out when I left for UK, too. I didn't think I would come back either. And I hadn't want to.

3.14 was right. Doubt does stop you at your tracks.

---

I think I am going to look for all the spam I sent my dear friends when I was in UK and post them here.