Friday, May 04, 2007

The world is your pee-hole


There is more to Amsterdam than this for sure, but that, later.

I am at once grossed out by the completely public public-urinal and stupefied by its ingenuity. They can be found in almost any street, -gracht, -straat, -rak, you can name in Amsterdam.

-Gross- Men jiggling their jewels back into their pants in public. WAY public. Pee running out into the pavement.

-Ingenuity- No need to queue and PAY up to E50 cents (even in pubs, those opportunists!) to relieve oneself, fate of the fairer race.

Yes, I think this could be a reason why men are happier creatures than women. I’ve gotten this in an email long ago but someone posted a refresher in his blog. Walking around Amsterdam I kept thinking these facts of life (the more compelling facts made bold):

Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding 
plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can 
be President. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt 
to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell
 you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to 
another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You
 don’t have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same 
work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress-$5000. Tux
 rental-$100. People never stare at your chest when you’re talking to 
them. The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected. New
 shoes don’t cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all 
your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of
 thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still 
be your friend. Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more
 than enough. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are 
unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. 
You only have to shave your face and neck. You can play with toys all your life. Your belly usually hides your big 
hips. One wallet and one pair of shoes — one color for all seasons. 
You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can “do” your nails 
with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a 
mustache. You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25
minutes.

By the way, we didn't take this picture. I googled it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMigosh!! I totally forgot about my Amsterdam photos!! It is still safely kept in the camerA!!

Phewww....what a relief. I thot u took the pic!! When the guy is doing it!! I mean, uhmm....werent you afraid that he will come after you after he finishes with his...whatever...

Well, honestly, I didnt think it was gross (initially) but thought that it is quite a cool idea..until I saw this man peeing..he was totally unaware that everyone can see his uhmm...(tsk tsk..). He does in fact looked too happy to be sober.

BTW, someone did came up with a smart invention, i saw this thing before that a lady can use in order that she can also pee like a man - Standing! serious!! This is something that a diver can use I tink so that she doesnt have to take out her wet suit in order to go wee wee..

Anonymous said...

Now people do stare at men's chest you know.. hehee..

HL said...

You mean the pee just flows down onto the pavement?! Not into the sewer?

CH: When underwater, divers just pee in their wetsuits. Back on land, both men and women divers have to peel off their wetsuits in order to pee. No difference.

[rena] said...

Yes yes! I saw the same peephole right smack in the middle of red light district. How convenient -- see while you pee.

nicole said...

Rena, you paid to watch porn through the peephole? You hamsup woman! You should be like my friend who courageously went in for the live shows!

Lok, yes, the pee flow onto the pavement. Can you see any part of that "toilet" that stores excesses?

Anonymous... er... where did men's chest come from?