Oo la la! v2
Claire and her mom used this phrase quite a lot and I took a fancy to it. I have not learnt to use it though but shall look out for the opportunity :)
Here are pictures from Lyon, gastronomy centre of France. Figure I should post them before going to Zurich later today. There are more but I will update later. Or I won't, depending on what I feel like.
It was mostly rainy the days I was there so Lyon was shrouded in misty mystery that was its own beauty.
The historic quarter of Lyon is connected by small alleyways through wooden doors. You enter on one street and exit another. The traboules would be quite fun for treasure hunts. They are now entrances to real homes but the City requires residents to keep the traboules open for tourists and asks the latter to respect the peace of residents.
The Beaugrand family home.
The sun shone only on our last day so it was frantic picture taking time, and aperitif outdoors :)
The fountain keeps going all the time but not with electricity. It works from the pressure of the springs of Mon't Or. The Beaugrands have their own spring/ source of water in their "backyard"!
Poppies, embryonic grapes and raspberries from the vegetable garden. I called them baby grapes and raspberries but Claire prefers to be more technical.
Paul Bocuse is apparently a world renown chef from Lyon. Here is his restaurant, his portrait, and me giving him a 3-Michelin Star kiss.
Denise, you know this guy?
France to me is the Beaugrand family. I don't think there would be any other reason why I would go there.
I wake up and go to bed each day and night with hugs and kisses :)
Claire's dad is a funny guy. One evening during supper the family was rattling off and laughing and Claire's mom kindly translated some for me. Her husband prostested that she should not have translated the silly things he said. She replied, "but you always say silly things!" She then turns to me to say, "I have a funny husband". I said, "That is nice, I would like one too." :)
I think Claire's dad is a very handsome man. He probably really is. But to me he is handsome because I could see the love he has for his wife. Claire, since I knew her five years ago, had always told me her parents' love for each other is something she would like to find, and oh, to be still so in love...
1 comment:
I KNOW HIM!!!!!
Post a Comment