Creativity where art thou?
I found this posting I created last year. I thought I was pretty funny (so thick skinned). Then after a while I wondered why can't I be as creative these days.
-----
Sometimes it’s really not me.
For example, it is my phone. It is dying. Or at least I think so.
Symptoms:
1. Insensitive to touch. Whereby pressure on keys no longer produces the desired results. In fact, there could be no reactions at all. It is especially maddening when you are trying to answer a call, or to unlock the keypad, or make calls.
2. Haywires. Literally. The pressing of ‘t’ produces ‘h’ but not conversely. Same with ‘w’ and ‘c’. And all the rest for that matter. At which point it really DOESN’T matter
3. Hearing loss. People who call me go into voicemail directly even though the phone is turned on and sits innocently and unsuspectingly on my desk by my computer.
4. Paralysis. When even text messages cannot get into my inbox, or it fails to send messages. Requires turning off and turning on. And then I realize at the end of the day that I missed 3 calls, and 5 messages. IN THE MORNING!
Consequences: Hazard for job performance and relationships.
Please understand it is not that I don’t want to pick up your calls or reply your messages.
Conclusion: I need a new phone.
Pre-conclusion: I need more money.
But sometimes, I ask for it.I mean, I nicely set the default language on my laptop to UK English- I was getting quite tired of “ignoring” the squiggly red lines every time I spell ‘organise’ or ‘realise’. Then what happens is that the @ sign become “ and the “ sign becomes @. At least there is consistency there.
So now I am proficient in using the US- and UK-configured keyboards. Does that make me ambikeyboardexstrous? Will it carry value in my resumé?