Thursday, August 10, 2006

Holidays and Birthdays

Prelude: I took two whole minutes logging in to this site because I have so many passwords and I forgot which one I use for this.

Epilogue (yes epilogue because this is the conclusion): I came back feeling more alone than ever, after the Redang trip. Gotta do with spending five whole days with the same people and then being along? Maybe.

Saphie charmed everyone, almost. Almost, excepting Arnaud, who has a 11-year old daughter of his own- also an eurasion with a Chinese mom.

I missed her so much now. During the drive back, she would lean over to me and just give me spontaneous hugs and kisses. I think she knew it was our last day together. She never cried, not when we parted last year either. She told me she wants to celebrate her eighth birthday at my place in Singapore.

Context: We celebrated Aileen's birthday in Redang, and Saphie's birthday is in two weeks' time, in Penang.

She was fascinated with Aileen, and had a half-crush on Joe (we figured). Joe is really cool with kids.

She called Candice muffin girl, we could not figure out the reason.

She called Joe and Arnaud "the boys".

"Where are the boys?"
"What are the boys doing?"
"What is the boys' room number?"

I told her girls never knock on boys' doors. I had to carry her away.

The boys said my baby doll dress looks like a maternity dress. I really like that dress by the way because it covers my tummy after I eat, it is very airy, and it has purple flowers. Arnaud said I could wear it when I am a few months pregnant. Playing along I said I think I can wear it even if I am seven months pregnant. He asked if I plan to get pregnant soon (context: this guy is a joker, don't take him seriously). I said "Ha ha".

Epilogue no 2: I would give up my career (if it can be considered so), for a family of my own. I think.

We all realised we are old enough to be Saphie's parents. Even Muffin Girl, who is 28.

Will post pictures when I get them from MG.